A Basic Guide To Writing A Master's Thesis
When it comes to writing master’s thesis, it is really a massive undertaking and should not be taken lightly. However, the task becomes easier and attainable if you know what to do and how to start. Listed below are a few tips that will serve as guide as you write your paper. This includes:
- Start with a title page: This is the first page of your work and it contains important information concerning your paper.
- Abstract: This is a brief summary of the project which highlighting the background of the work, its methodology and subsequent findings.
- Table of contents: This page is where the chapters that make up the paper are listed. Also listed here are the figures.
- Chapters: These chapters can be broken down into background, literature review, methodology, data analysis and discussion.
- Bibliography: This page is where all the cited references are listed.
- Appendices: This page is for listing additional materials and sources used in the research work.
This brings us to the next issue which is centered on the appropriate time for you to start writing your thesis. This has been a great issue with most students but then, it all depends on how extensive the research you are working on is and how long the course will last. If your research project is short, there is every tendency that you might not meet up with the completion of your paper before the deadline for the project. It can also be the other way round. Whether it is going to be a short or long project, it is advisable to start writing as soon as you can.
Putting into consideration that first draft of your work is supposed to be submitted to your project supervisor for possible revision, preparing that first draft on time is very necessary if you don’t wish to lag behind other students. If English is not your first language, you need to write your thesis on time so that your English friends will have enough time to go through it and point out any writing errors contained in it.
In order to further help yourself as your write this important paper, you should make out time to read other academic papers and articles. This will help you to better understand and utilize the academic writing style. The internet is a good resource when it comes to unlimited access to academic papers. With these few tips and others you may already know, writing your thesis should not be a daunting task.